Dr. HEATHER HINSHELWOOD M.D.
Dr. Heather Hinshelwood, or Dr. H, became a doctor to meet people’s most basic needs in life and death situations. What appeals to her most about being a physician is the opportunity to heal and intervene at the most critical time in a person’s life. She’s passionate about getting to the cause of a patient’s issue, not just treating symptoms, but what’s the underlying issue and then fixing that, with the best treatment available.
As a proponent of healthy living, Dr. H is passionate about influencing friends, family and patients to make healthier choices to improve their lives. She believes that there are no amount of drugs and interventions that can reverse the corrosive effects of obesity, inactivity and substance misuse.
Despite being a die-hard Florida State Seminole (she earned a BS in Exercise Physiology there), Dr. H attended the University of Florida College of Medicine in Gainesville and then the University of Florida Shands Jacksonville for emergency medicine residency. A highlight of her education was having a Navy Seal ask her for help.
Dr. H’s experience has included serving as an emergency medicine physician practicing at Colleton Medical Center and Beaufort Memorial Hospital. She is currently completing a fellowship in anti-aging, metabolic and functional medicine through the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine all while serving as a Navy reservist, recently earning the rank of Commander (O5).
- Completing fellowship in anti-aging, metabolic and functional medicine — The American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
- American Board of Emergency Medicine — Certified in Emergency Medicine
- WY State Medical License — Active through 2013
- GA State Medical License — Active through 2019
- FL State Medical License — Active through 2019
- CA State Medical License — Active through 2016
- IN State Medical License — Active through 2013
- SC State Medical License — Active through 2021
- His voice. — Hinshelwood, H., Gray-Eurom, K.